Gospel Conversation Tips & Resources
“Tell me, so that I may believe in Him.” (John 9:36)
- Gospel Conversation Tip # 1: Plan ahead. Know what you are going to say.
- Gospel Conversation Tip # 2: Be prepared. Practice what you are going to say ahead of time.
- Gospel Conversation Tip # 3: Plan ahead. Read your Bible. Go to church. Know your stuff.
- Gospel Conversation Tip # 4: Be prepared. Pray for the Lord to give you wisdom and words when the opportunity presents itself.
- Gospel Conversation Tip # 5: Some of the most effective Gospel conversations happen in 'mini moments' over time.
- Gospel Conversation Tip # 6: Don't get discouraged. Gospel conversations are often 'seed planting' rather than 'harvesting'.
- Gospel Conversation Tip # 7: Be OK with questions, and OK with answering “I can’t explain it, but I know it’s true and here’s why…”
- Gospel Conversation Tip # 8: Don’t over-promise in order to make the ‘sale’. Life is hard…and it can be done with Jesus or without Him. It’s a choice.
- Gospel Conversation Tip # 9: Get comfortable praying with someone. It doesn’t have to be fancy. It just has to be real.
- Gospel Conversation Tip # 10: Proceed with boldness and humility.
- Gospel Conversation Tip # 11: Embrace the awkwardness. Make it part of the conversation.
- Gospel Conversation Tip # 12: Get a Convo Buddy so you can encourage and pray for each other on the mission.
- Gospel Conversation Tip # 13: Listen to the other person's worldview so you can offer the Gospel counter.
- Gospel Conversation Tip # 14: Plan for the chance of "what's next?" (e.g., reading recommendation, meet again, church invite)
Copyright 2021, Gconvo from VestigeWear
And here are some great outside, free resources we found for having effective and meaningful Gospel Conversations. Check them out!
"How To Share Your Faith Confidently" from our friends at Bradley Kellie
“How to Start a Spiritual Conversation with One Word” Written by Melody Copenny at Cru https://www.cru.org/us/en/train-and-grow/share-the-gospel/evangelism-principles/how-to-start-a-spiritual-conversation-with-one-word.html
“When Your Gospel Conversation Turns Awkward” by Mike Puckett at https://ncbaptist.org/when-your-gospel-conversation-turns-awkward/
Have you read a good (and free) article with tips on having effective Gospel Conversations? Let us know by emailing Abby the link. Maybe you've even written some tips yourself that you think would contribute to our resources here. Send it - we'd love to take a look! email: firstname.lastname@example.org